Amateur Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any news on GB7ML

Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty Any news on GB7ML

Post  guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:40 am

Any news on the Martin Lynch 70cm repeater GB7ML on Guys Hospital. Sleep

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty re the eirstwhile GB7ML.

Post  guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:49 am

Well, As to the location of the repeater, IE, Guys Hospital,
Knowing it personly myself, I cannot see how two obstructions can be overcome, firstly, I cannot see how it will be internet linked, considering the distance, between the radio and a broadband connection, the safety case on installing a link like that would cost a fortune, and secondly, as 70 cms is a shared band, then the emergency services might have a few comments to make, seeing as there is sensitive freqs on that roof, and also emergency talk through repeaters as well, But I'm sure if you asked G0RDI he would be only too willing to spend several hours talking BULLSHIT with you???

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty G0rdi,

Post  guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:20 am

Ian, G0RDI, A member of the Bullshitters Brigade??? Whatever next????

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty Pending space

Post  Steven Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:14 am

Have a look on the RSGB uk repater net. It says that GB7ML is pending equipment space. It will be jammed to death when it comes on anyhow.

Steven

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty Gateway Linking of GB7ML

Post  Guest Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:57 am

Well, As silly as I possibly am, Looking at the ukitg2supplement, as regarding dstar gateway linking, I would like to know how this is ever going to be done, According to the ukrepeater page, gb7ml is awaiting placement of equipment, that's all fine and well, about the radio side, But as regards the gateway linking? Can anybody in their right mind see a NHS system administrator allowing a group of amateurs, installing, and then remotely accessing a router, on, or in a NHS computer network,??No ,neither can I? So why all the secrecy, why all the bullshit, why stall for time, on something that is not going to happen?? Unless somebody else can explain this one to me??

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty You're having a Laugh!

Post  Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:07 am

Yes, I've read that supplement to, And even If the Control Computer was In the same place as the digital Repeater, That would still mean that somehow you have to get a network cable all the way from the bottom, to the top of Guy's Tower, and somehow have an uninteruppable power supply, A very stable computer, And able to run a minumum of a 1 mbps broadband, Oh, thats right, on a long run of rg45, don't you require repeaters for the signal loss, So, Who's going to let these guys install this, Quick Answer,??NOBODY!... So guys, take your digital repeater, gb7ml, or whatever it's called, and find somewhere a little less dramatic to put it? ok, because, If it could have been done, We all would be using it now?? don't you think!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty Re: Any news on GB7ML

Post  Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:00 am

Having just seen GB7OK.com news page it looks more likely that OK would be on the gateway before ML! cheers

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty The computer

Post  Steven Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:52 pm

The top of Guys Tower is full of aerials. Theres everything up there. The local radio staition "Resonance", mini cabs, security the lot. It would be wise to suppose that the site belongs to a communications provider or company. Any computer would be up there as well and leased to GB3ML limited. Dont forget its Lynchies repeater and one big advertisement. Lynchie is made of money. Unlike us, so he can afford it.

Steven

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty How do you like my new profile pic ?

Post  StevenHFH Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Well, what do you think of it ?
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty re pic

Post  guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Don't give up your day job?

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty re gb7ml

Post  puzzled Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Well, Rumour has it that lychnie don't have the repeater anymore, that ***** ******, G0RDI has it, he's trying very hard to get a successful repeater going, ,He's still no got there yet, He's failed dismally with gb3al, you would have thought he could have done something about his boyfriend, G7***, at least kept him under control, never mind ,Ian, looks like you're going to be beaten to the winning post, by tony and Co, better luck next time, ***** ******,

Last edited by Admin on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : obscene comments)

puzzled

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty here's a thought

Post  helpful Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:14 am

Seeing as gb7ml,is having so many problems finding a site, why don't chris taylor bury the hatchet with tony and co, and put his repeater on tony's site, it can then go through tony's controller for dstar, job done, Or is that way to simple for chris?????

helpful

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty Little Green Men

Post  StevenHFH Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:25 am

The way that you log go on about repeater keepers you would think that they were all little fat men about three feet tall with little red felt pointy hats. Running a cable down the side of Guys hospital. How naive can you get. Bouffy will marry me before that happens.
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty now,now,

Post  guest Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:50 am

Now,now,Steven,no need to get shirty, I was using the said Idea, as proof as how differcult the job was going to be, but then you said that lynchie had the money to do anything, but even you will have to admit that they may be able to do this? and if they do, when is the happy day, with you and bouffy??????

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty Bouffy

Post  StevenHFH Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:18 pm

I dont think that my Bouffy will ever have me. But she knows that im there.
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty Its all old hat

Post  StevenHFH Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:26 am

Back in 1989 when i was working for city link I was based in an office that was on an industrial estate about twenty miles from London. But all my work was within Central London. You may think that there would have been a communication problem or that we had very powerfull radios. But this was not so, all we had were Motorola handhelds that were working from a repeater in West London. The office didnt need a powerfull TX either as they had an ISDN line straight to the repeater. If you cant remember then ISDN was an early form of brodband line that was about 2mb wide and at the time could be rented from Demon or BT for about £500 a month. The internet was in a very basic form at this time. And HTML had not been heard of. So if you wanted to go online you had to use DOS and you brain and witts together with an expensive 9600 modem.

But this repeater that we were useing was shared. And we were not able to hear the other users because they were all tone encrypted. There was a little red light on the radio to tell you when the channel was clear and you could make a call. Now this was all in 1989. Echolink didnt come about until much later when the linking of the internet and ham radio was allowed. But you see the technology was already old by this time. A lot of people think that D Star is the cutting edge of the day. But its not at all.

So I think that GB7ML probably due to the aerial festooned site where it is to be located wont even use a Icom ham repeater. It will probably be trunked on to a commercial network with commercial gear on a ham licence. It makes sence. All Lynchie needs is a space to put the aerial and an allocation on the server.
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Any news on GB7ML Empty Re: Any news on GB7ML

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down