Amateur Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VTD has left 2 & 70

2 posters

Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty VTD has left 2 & 70

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:48 am

The word is that M3VTD has gone qrt yet again from 2 metres and 70 cms.
Speaking to him, he said he was fed up with the idiots who kept digging at him and generally bring down the bands.
He did not want to be a part of adding to even more repeaters being closed down or put on a curfew anymore. (not that he was in the first place)
He added that there was a lot of long term amateurs that just did not like him because he was a friend of Gordon G1UPU sometime ago but he finally found out what an idiot he was for mixing with him but it was too late by then.
He was laughing so much when he said he will come back when all the jammers and idiots have gone...lol as if that would happen. There is more chance that the repeaters will be all digital ready for the olympics and by then a lot of the long term amateurs would of hung up their mics .
He would like to say 73 to his friends and wish them all the best and to the "arseholes" he said GET A LIFE SHIT FOR BRAINS plus move on and get off that comode 24/7 you bunch of dickheads... lol!

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty Mthree's , in general???

Post  guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:46 am

Well, I'm somewhat surprised that the vtd has left, or was he ever here?? perhaps a memorex recording?? and that new one, the rpu?? well, he seems to like the amber nectar?? ?It seems that the general state of M 3's are people who don't really know a lot, Ok, maybe there are some who have been around a few years, If that's the case, why didn't they take the rae, and not some rsgb type license??Ohhh, that's going to get a few comments, I bet!!, anyway, I digress, seems some of these newbie's go round looking for a punch up, well, you would not have got away with it, back in the old days, mark my words,

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty VTD. Who????

Post  guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:48 am

M3VTD???who was that then??????

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty wasn't he a radio Ham??

Post  guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:52 am

M3VTD, wasn't he a radio Ham in Peckham, somewhere??
he wasn't here long enough to make a difference???

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty He was the first on EL today

Post  StevenHFH Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:41 am

Give the chap some credit. I had my radio on all night wating for the first calls on EL. And he was the first on calling for contact. He is eager thats all.

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty VTD has not gone

Post  Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:09 pm

Lets get something straight, VTD has not gone for good from vhf & uhf as he is just having a break from the crap that is going on the repeaters.
He will be back when he feels like it.

At the moment he thinks the way the repeaters are going that they will all go digital to get rid of the jammers and the brave ones who dont give out their callsigns...lol

What a bunch of c**ts they are and yet they say cb is bad, no way. it is much more of a laugh on there than on 2 metres.

You only have to listen to EL and NL and see what the amateur bands are all about, what a great introduction to the visitors and to the olympic visitors we will have.

No wonder other amateurs say that "real amateurs" go on HF only and the ****** go on 2 metres

Come on idiots, stop trying to pull rank by having the "my callsign is better than yours" attitude

Just treat the radio with respect and then you will manage to keep your repeaters

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty So disenfranchised

Post  StevenHFH Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:29 pm

No wonder they shut GB3LW down. It says in the licence conditions form BR whatever that you are not allowed to have any pecuniary interest in your transmissions. There are many who haunt the cabbies like third world begging children breaking rocks and sifting slag heaps for diamonds and gold nuggets. When these rag clad orphans find just what they are looking for, the cry eureka rings out and then they put down their mike and run to their daddies in their tents and sheds to trade their finds for bowls of rice. Its pityful to hear as people crawl and impertune, hawk and grovel.

Why not be honest as I was, and the BYM as well and just go on the sick. On the sick you get your rent and council tax paid and 90 quid a week pocket money. And its secure as well.

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty Digital Jammin!!!

Post  Ed Teach Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Going digital wont stop jamming.... unless I'm missing something?

Edward Teach

Ed Teach

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty It can do just so

Post  StevenHFH Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Digital ham gear needs to be programmed with the users call sign for it to operate repeaters. And the repeaters store a log of users therein. So each digital handie or mobile has its own tag. And the repeaters can lock any user out by his call sign.

So really if someone hates you they can always dupe your call on their rig. But there are plenty of security features available on digital repeaters to bog things down.

GB7ML was shut down in central London after only a month or so.

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty gb7ml

Post  Admin Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:05 am

Hi Steve, Did gb7ml get off the ground, ? I was led to believe that it would have interfered with other emergency radio equipment up there on guy's tower, but if as you say, it was shut down, do you know the cause???

Admin
Admin

http://g1egz.com

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty I think that it was active

Post  StevenHFH Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:07 am

As far as i can make out from the RSGB website it was active. But the repeater list now shows it as inactive. I did try to monitor it on an analogue handheld but i had no luck.
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed Teach Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:56 pm

Steve, I accept what you say regarding digital gear and I think it will probably stop the music playing etc. But how do you stop a jammer from parking up near a digital repeater and keying up on the input?

If a jammer wants to cause problems they will!!!

Regards
Edward Teach

Ed Teach

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty You have the wrong idea

Post  StevenHFH Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:21 am

Hi Ed
I think you may have the wrong end of the stick here. I dont want digital myself at all. And I think that it would be a shame if they were to put it forward. I like useing my old radios that were built back in the 80's. In fact I prefer them to my VX7R any day. At least we have some freedom on the current system.

But, it is of my opinion that the authorities will try to put London on a digital platform. And I think that I can see the stratergy by which they want to impliment this procedure. Bodies such as the RSGB work like clubs and are formed of comittees and hold meetings and so on to bring about changes. I can see that putting repeaters on review and shutting them down is all part of this process. They are just building a case. It would all need a lot of paperwork and a lot of people would have to be consulted and give their say to let it go ahead.

But it would only stop jammers in theory. As calls can be pirated. Anyone could programme anothers call in to any radio. But of corse they wont speak of that.

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed Teach Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi Steve, I would never have guessed that you were not a fan of digital repeaters Smile Why didn't you mention it before (extreme sarcasm Laughing )

With regard to the jamming of digital repeaters I was thinking more along the lines of blocking the input with an analogue signal. Fair enough no-one would hear the jammer on the output but then again nobody would be able to get in!

I didn't want to turn this thread into a 'digital jamming guide' but I guess even the most stupid jammer could work it out.

Disclaimer: Edward Teach in no way condones jamming, either digital or analogue.

Happy jamming (I mean listening!!!)

Edward Teach Smile

Ed Teach

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty Re: VTD has left 2 & 70

Post  Simple Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:17 am

Any signal on the input of a digital repeater, digital or analogue would destroy a digital repeaters output. You don't even need to have your callsign programmed into your radio to use a digital repeater. The only reason for the callsign is to allow gateway access. If the repeater has no gateway then there is no need for a callsign. It's a complete myth that digital is protected and callsigns are logged. Either use someone elses or none at all. You can even play music through a digital repeater with a digital radio in exactly the same way as analogue repeaters. If idiots want to jam repeaters then they always will. No ammount of technology is likely to stop them.

Simple

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty Thank You simple

Post  StevenHFH Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:49 am

Thanks, i find that info most refreshing. But i still think that there is some method behind all this madness of closing down perfectly good repeaters. There has never been such a scourge on good repeaters in my 10 years as a ham. Even SL was left alone to die of natural causes.

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Post  Simple Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:09 am

It may not be a bad thing for all analogue repeaters to go to the grave. All repeaters for that matter. All the time there are repeaters there will be idiots to disrupt them. It's a haven for people who want nothing more than to be the centre of attention. If all we had was a larger number of simplex channels, there would be no stage to play on and the problems would all disappear. Of course, it will never happen but that would be the answer to a lot of problems.

Ofcomms lack of interest is only another sign of their intentions to gradually sell off parts or all of our bands. 70cm is already shared and with there now being no licence fee to pay, we have no leg to stand on. I wouldn't be supirised if we suddenly start losing large chunks of our allocation. Having repeaters taken off air would just make this move easier for them. Worth a thought don't you think?

Simple

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty The RSGB has more say now

Post  StevenHFH Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:09 am

Its not that ofcom dont want to know. Its that they have given the RSGB a lot more say in the way our hobby is run. Now the RSGB guides ofcom and not the other way around.

I think that ofcom who are guided by the RSGB think that most hams belong to clubs affiliated to the RSGB. Its that way with a lot of other British hobby/sports, like bowls or tennis for instance. Radio as we use it is being seen more as a semi sporting activity now days than it was before.
Such clubs are affiliated to national bodies such as the RSGB and have their own committees and presidents who liase with the higher body. I belong to several clubs of one sort or annother myself. And every year i attend several meetings and AGM's.
If we all did belong to grass roots clubs as they probably belive us to communication with us would be a far more simple affair. But the truth is that most of us dont.

I think that if you went down to your local radio club the board would most probably know just what is going on with the repeaters. And i would be most upset if Londons repeaters were to go.
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty Bother, it posted twice

Post  StevenHFH Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:11 am

I cant delete the seccond accidental post !

removed as requested, (Admin)
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty Why cant i get in to EL

Post  StevenHFH Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:37 am

To get in to EL since yesterday i have to stand on the roof. It dosent matter how much power i use, or what aerial. Have they put the attenuator in on the EL receiver ?

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty GB3EL

Post  g1egz Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:16 am

Er? Pass??????

g1egz

Back to top Go down

VTD has left 2 & 70 Empty Really truely

Post  StevenHFH Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:31 pm

If i want to get in i have to goup on the roof. But thats not to bad as its flat and a lot of folks hang their washing out up there as well. But there must be something diff about EL to cause this.

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum