Amateur Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio Amateurs

2 posters

Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty Radio Amateurs

Post  Admin Fri May 29, 2009 12:22 am

Your thoughts?

Admin
Admin

http://g1egz.com

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty Re: Radio Amateurs

Post  StevenHFH Fri May 29, 2009 5:29 am

I really did think that the hobby was dying. But after coming back to GB3EL i can see that there is some hope. The M3 license has done a lot to keep vhf and uhf going.

There may be jammers, but then there always were. And Mary seems to be back. But no mention of the poodle. Which by now must have past away.

It is not strange to notice however that a repeater that uses old technology and no ctcss is so busy. I think that my old radios no matter how big they may be are superior to my Yeasu VX7.

But i cant get the batteries any more. Esp for my Icom IC2E. I am a busy man now at work every day. And i go to the gym in the evenings. I will gladly pay a reasonable amount to anyone who can rebuild an IC2E batt or two for me. As i really dont have the time to go out and but the ni cads themselves even in the first place.

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty IC2E batteries.

Post  g1egz Fri May 29, 2009 7:33 am

Hi steve, yes,I know what you mean, A company called strike a lite?? I think thats the right spelling will replace your batteries, if you send them your unit, battery holder, they will put new nicads in them, however, I do have a normal battery holder, I believe you put 6 1.5 volt batteries in them, then slide it onto your Ic2e. If that would be of any help, ?
nice to hear from you, g1egz...

g1egz

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty re battery holder

Post  g1egz Fri May 29, 2009 8:00 am

Hi again, Steve. yes I have found the said unit, it is an Icom, BP-4 a six battery holder, the unit slides out of the bottom, you put the batteries into it, then slot it back into the body, and then slide onto the radio,
It's in a large box, so I'm afraid you will have to come over here to pick it up, as It will cost a bit to send it by post, I'm sure you remember where I live????

g1egz

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty Thats nice of you to offer Andy

Post  StevenHFH Fri May 29, 2009 9:34 am

Thank you for your kind offer andy. How much do you want for it and what else is in the box please ?

I remeber where you live. But i dont remember your phone no or what busses to catch from London Bridge. I think last time it was change at Croyden.

Thanks

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty re ic2e

Post  g1egz Fri May 29, 2009 11:14 am

yes, hi again, steve, well the box is the thing it was sent in, it has paperwork, etc, and yes, you catch the 154 towards morden, and get off on the carshalton road, just after the winsor castle pub, you walk back down the hill, cross over the crossing, and go down shorts road, then you cannot miss the mast...

g1egz

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty re ic2e.. ps???

Post  g1egz Fri May 29, 2009 11:17 am

yes, sorry, I don't want any money for it,, and yes, you catch the 154 at west croydon,,,,, and as for telephone numbers,, that ain;t going to happen ,,on here??? hi hi

g1egz

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty Can i come and see you tomorrow ?

Post  StevenHFH Sat May 30, 2009 5:52 am

Hi Andy

Can i please come and see you some time late tomorrow afternoon perhaps. If that is conveiniant. I would be nice to see you again. And if i can do you know which bus it is that i catch from London Bridge i think to West Croyden ?

The HFH

PS

I found your moblie No on my old phone. And it wont connect.
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty re Ic2e

Post  g1egz Sat May 30, 2009 6:06 am

H i steve, yes well the mobile number was several phones ago, and I will be about Sunday from about 4.30 pm onwards, I don't know which bus comes from London Bridge, , never travelled that far by bus, I think the furthest I travelled was from lewisham, when I used to go and see my mate jim, m0bym, I tend to use the underground for long trips, you could catch the underground to morden, Northern line, then get on a 154 to the same place, but get off the top of my road, Sorry about not knowing the bus numbers.
de g1egz

g1egz

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty Ok then Andy

Post  StevenHFH Sat May 30, 2009 9:25 am

Ok then Andy i will see you tomorrow then. Some time in the late afternoon after 4-30pm. Look forward to seeing you then. We can talk radio !

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty Ic2e

Post  g1egz Sat May 30, 2009 10:22 am

Ok steve, I,ll have the handheld on 145...500 mhz..ok?? just in case you lose your way. ?? hi hi

g1egz

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty I will take a handheld too

Post  StevenHFH Sat May 30, 2009 12:26 pm

I will take a handheld as well Andy. See you tomorrow.

I get the Thameslink from London Bridge to West Croyden. Then get the bus from there.

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty The Road To No Where!

Post  TheTimes Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:54 pm

M0CRY Aren't you bored with all this. Why don't you just let it go?

GB3OK & GB3LK Shutting down
by m0cry
on 14.06.09, 01:20
[ User information ] [ Send a message ]
Ref gb7ok.com First paragraph from website
The original gb3ok has undergone many changes since it came on air and a lot of the information on the website has become outdated. Originally the gb3ok repeater was on 2mtrs and shared it's site with the gb3lk repeater on 70cms. Recently, the 2mtr gb3ok repeater ceased transmitting when it was replaced with a D-Star repeater which became gb7ok. Shortly after, the 70cms repeater, gb3lk, took over the callsign of gb3ok.
They never closed down, just part of the plan, sorry to hear they got kicked out of Ofcom meeting by the cleaner needing to hoover, though the minutes were funny to read, thanks to
our contact at Ofcom for the inside info on the prize pratt!

Only logged in users are allowed to comment. register/log in

TheTimes

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty The Road To No Where!

Post  TheTimes Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:58 pm

The Link to transmission1 Forum.

> Sad

TheTimes

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty open forum

Post  Admin Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Well, I fail to see where this post is going, or even where it has been, as I can find no mention of what has been implied, ? Also, the person who posted , has not done the link to the transmissin 1 site, and even on there, I can find nothing to link it?? So perhaps the original postee would like to try again,,,You should know what you are doing, you have after all, used enough alalis's , and ip's???

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty The Jammer M0CRY

Post  Its Me Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:00 am

I’ve just found it, Do Google Search on M0CRY, second one down,

GB3OK and GB3LK QRT? :: Transmission1 :: Radio Resources for PMR ...
10 posts - Last post: 6 Dec 2008
The repeaters were only switched off because of M0CRY, who jammed them. M0CRY was caught bang to rights, by the repeater keeper, ... - Cached - Similar -

Its Me

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty its me

Post  Admin Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:42 am

Ah yes, I see, but the problem is, why is there a eight month gap, between replies.??
ah well, as they say, Carry on London?????

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty re jammers address.

Post  guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:20 am

M6SET. 80.stabway court.jeffrey estate.London n1 6**

m3lwh. 13.Blackmore Road, Loughton IG63.

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty Jammers Address

Post  Guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:20 am

At last somone has finally found those pair of idiots, maybe now that M3VTD has gone, then these 2 will go as well and let the real amateurs use their radios without the crap that goes with M3LWH an M6SET,

Back to top Go down

Post  Ed Teach Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:36 am

Thought LWH address was already well known, dunno about SET

Heard VTD yesterday on EL and that idiot RPU, wannabe copper!!!

Made me laugh!! (For all the wrong reasons!!)

Ed Teach

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty RE Jammers

Post  Guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:27 pm

To my knowledge, i have known M3LWH to live at No 13 Blackmore road, Loughton, Bucks. The bottom left hand flat in the corner of the green.

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty m0bym

Post  Ed Teach Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Can it be true? Giro Jimmy is back? Surprised

Haven't heard him since the days of SL

Will this mean the Squeekies and Jammers have someone else to concentrate their attentions upon?

Only time will tell I suppose. Laughing Laughing

Ed Teach

Back to top Go down

Radio Amateurs Empty The sausage will come back

Post  StevenHFH Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:09 am

The sausage is returning. Soon it will be rock and roll (dole) for all.
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down