Amateur Radio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curfew GB3NL

2 posters

Go down

Curfew GB3NL Empty Curfew GB3NL

Post  Moderator Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:50 pm

Talks going on within Ofcom and the RMC that GB3NL on 145.775 is next for repeater curfew ! Sad

Back to top Go down

Curfew GB3NL Empty Isee the Future!!!!

Post  guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:31 am

Seeing as GB3EL is on Review, it makes sense to me, to fortell what will happen to this and other repeaters in the London Area,! It's apparent, even to me, that the imbicile, M3LWH, will continue his stupid antics, To the point where EL will be shutdown, and he will then move over to GB3NL, and that one will go the same way, Mainly because his kind do not give a damn about radio, If he cared for one minute about the hobby, even he would ask why he was doing it?, and indeed perhaps he should be made to answer that question, Why would somebody, take an exam, regardless of how easy it is, just to go out deliberately to cause trouble, and with the intent to destroy this once glorious hobby?? Mark my words, If this is allowed to continue, without Ofcom doing some thing constructive, then I can see no Repeaters in the London Area, for all the rmc and Ofcom seem to want to do, Is switch off a Repeater whenever there is trouble on it?? Wake up Ofcom, Do your job, you know, the thing you are paid for??It's not that hard to deal with the numpty, and his followers, Is it!!!! I am disgusted that just one individual should be allowed to cause so much grief, but then we all remember M0CRY don't we, What did Ofcom do about him, Nothing,! thats What, And G7ERX? same Again, So, Ofcom try to get it together, Ok!!!!It's coming up to 2012, what are our radio amateurs from abroad going to think, when they come over here, and there is nothing for them to use???

And the blame will rest entirely with you, Ofcom, and of course , your friends the eirstwhile RMC. And the money grabbing RSGB will have helped you destroy this Once proud hobby..

So, I hope you are all Proud of yourselves !!!!

Back to top Go down

Curfew GB3NL Empty The calm before the storm

Post  StevenHFH Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:32 am

I think that we me be misinterpreting the actions of ofcom and the rmc here. Its of my own opinion that they may just be giving us the buckle end first before they go over to a compulsory digital based repeater network. Digital repeaters log the call sings of their users and digital transceivers have to have your call programmed in to them for them to do this. This see would solve our problem.

I can see that they are just making a case for the switch off of all the analogue repeaters in London in time for say 2012. Then the powers that be would look all squeaky clean (excuse the pun) for all those foreign ammeters who would be able to link up with their own country's of origin on their little digital handhelds. Lynchie has opened up central Londons first digital repeater already. See they are all climbing aboard the band wagon in anticipation.

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Curfew GB3NL Empty m3lwh?

Post  Ed Teach Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:48 am

Heard yesterday on EL that the curfew is all Charlie's fault??

Must be true I heard it from an amateur who refused to give his call-sign (unlike ffk)LOL

Edward Teach

Ed Teach

Back to top Go down

Curfew GB3NL Empty Charlie is a little odd

Post  StevenHFH Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:08 am

Its not right to put a repeater on curfew because of the likes of Charlie. Hes obviously a little odd. Perhaps he needs therapy. If Charlie cant help it why punish others. It makes me believe even more that they will implement a digital switchover to stop the likes of him.

I personally dont want to go out and buy a digital radio. Not for Charlies sake or anyone elses. I use 1980's analouge radios on qrp. And thats the way i want to stay.

The HFH
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Curfew GB3NL Empty Sarcasm or ironey

Post  Ed Teach Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:37 am

Both wasted here!!

Ed Teach

Back to top Go down

Curfew GB3NL Empty If we fight

Post  StevenHFH Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:39 am

If we try very hard and stand up for ourselves we will keep our repeaters. But that cant mean offering to bash every jammer who passes. We must not be blinded and allow them to make changes that we dont want. We must protest.
StevenHFH
StevenHFH

Back to top Go down

Curfew GB3NL Empty Re: Curfew GB3NL

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum